Sathu maavu is a health mix made using a variety of grains, dals, and nuts, and sometimes spices. It’s highly recommended for children as it helps in healthy weight gain, and is full of essential nutrients. Today we will be exploring a recipe of homemade biscuits using the sathu maavu.
Slurrp Farm’s sathu maavu combines ragi, jowar, foxtail millet, almond, brown rice, moong dal, and chana dal to pack a powerful punch of proteins, calcium, fibre, and other essential nutrients.
Buy your pack now
And the best part is that sathu maavu can be used to make a variety of dishes, from breakfast porridges to evening snacks that will keep your little one nourished and happy. It can even be used to make biscuits that are perfect for an energy boost – and always tasty. And you can use different toppings to keep things interesting – we used raisins in our homemade biscuits.
Here’s our recipe for healthy, guilt-free homemade biscuits for your family.
Before you try our Sathu Maavu baby biscuits, try these two other yummy homemade biscuit recipes:
- 1 cup Slurrp Farm Sathu Maavu mix
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 10-15 raisins
1. Cream the butter and brown sugar with a beater/ whisk
2. Now add the Sathu Maavu, mix, and knead with your hands to make a dough
3. In a preheated oven (200°C)
4. Roll the dough into ½ inch thick sheets
5. Using cookie cutters (shapes that your little one will like) cut out the cookies
6. Place the cookies on a baking tray and bake at 170°C for 15 mins
7. Cool the cookies and serve