Who doesn’t love a good old popsicle stick to beat the heat on a hot summer afternoon? And better yet, a healthy pop at that (or at least healthier)! You see the store-bought popsicles might contain a lot of artificial sweeteners, and loaded with vegetable oil (and NO milk). Those sugar-laced lollies are zero on nutritional value but, if you make your own popsicles, you are ensured that those little tummies will be gorging on healthy, tasty summer treats.
Making your own homemade popsicle is a far healthier option and you can alter it as per your kids’ taste. It’s also the best way to feed your little ones with fruits and vegetables that they would otherwise avoid because no one disapproves of store-bought popsicles or ice creams/lollies, right? Not even us.
Yes, it’s that time of year where we would give anything to cool down and a glass of cold water is just not it! So, come along and discover the best healthy popsicle ingredients for your little ones and try some of our yummy-licious recipes. Your kids will go yum!
5 Jaggery recipes for kids – Yummy, slurpy, and healthy popsicles:
1. 1 avocado 2. 1 lime 3. 1 cup of water 4. 2 tbsps of Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder 5. ¼ cup of raisins, almonds, and pistachios (powdered) or Slurrp Farm Nut Powder 1. Add avocados, lemon juice, water, and jaggery powder in a mixer. Blend them together. 2. Add powdered almonds and pistachios in the mix followed by raisins. Stir well. 3. Pour the avocado-jaggery mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for at least three hours and dip it in the goodness of melted chocolate and enjoy!
1. 1 avocado
2. 1 lime
3. 1 cup of water
4. 2 tbsps of Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder
5. ¼ cup of raisins, almonds, and pistachios (powdered) or Slurrp Farm Nut Powder
1. Add avocados, lemon juice, water, and jaggery powder in a mixer. Blend them together.
2. Add powdered almonds and pistachios in the mix followed by raisins. Stir well.
3. Pour the avocado-jaggery mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for at least three hours and dip it in the goodness of melted chocolate and enjoy!
2. Fresh fruit pops
Best fruit popsicle
1. 1 cup plain yogurt
2. 3-4 fresh strawberries
3. 2 kiwi fruits
4. 2 tbsp Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder (adjust to taste)
1. Add the strawberries, kiwi, and yogurt to a mixer. Blend them well. Add the jaggery powder to it and stir for another few seconds.
2. Cut small pieces of strawberries and kiwi. Arrange them in the popsicle molds.
3. Add the mixture to the popsicle mold to cover the fruits. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for about three hours.
4. Your healthy and best fruit popsicle is ready to be served to the little ones
3. Orange creamsicle popsicles:
1. 3 medium oranges (peeled)
2. 1 packet of coconut milk (full fat)- 1/2 Kilo
3. 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
4. 2 tbsp Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder
1. Add oranges and coconut milk in a blender until completely smooth.
2. Pour vanilla extract and jaggery powder into the mixture.
3. Add the puree into the popsicle molds and insert the popsicle stick into them.
4. Make about 8 popsicles and freeze them for 3-4 hours.
5. The popsicles are ready to be slurped by your tiny tots.
4. Rose strawberry banana popsicles:
1. 1 cup of almond milk (unsweetened)
2. ½ cup cashews
3. ¼ cup de-seeded dates
4. 1 tbsp pure rosewater
5. 1 tsp vanilla extract
6. Pinch of salt
7. 2 frozen bananas
8. 2 tbsp banana powder or pulp
9. 2 cups of frozen strawberries
1. Add almond milk, banana powder, cashews, dates, rosewater, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt into a mixer.
2. Blend until the ingredients are completely pulverized, and the mixture is smooth.
3. Add frozen bananas and strawberries into the mixture and blend well until smooth yet frozen.
4. Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds and freeze it for four hours.
5. Serve and admire the delicious popsicles together with your kids
5. Jaggery Pop – Mangalorean style popsicles:
1. 1 cup of water
2. ¾ cup Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder
3. 8 peppercorns, coarsely crushed
4. 1 tbsp cardamom powder or Slurrp Farm Nut Powder
5. 2 tsp freshly grated coconut (optional)
6. ½ cup milk
1. Heat water in a pan and bring it to a boil. Add jaggery powder and stir continuously to make a thick mixture. Ensure no lumps are formed.
2. Add peppercorns and grated coconut and cook for two minutes on a medium flame. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool down.
3. Add milk and cardamom powder to the mixture. Put the mixture in popsicle molds and allow them to freeze for 45 minutes.
4. Serve and enjoy your homemade pops with the little ones.