BY MONALISA MEHROTRA
It is literally summertime madness now and it is here to stay for another 2-3 months. Summer makes you dehydrated, gives you heatstroke, and makes you sweat, especially if you are spending a lot of time outdoors. This also happens to be the season to have popsicles/ice cream and cool your body. Woohoo! Yes, you heard us right. Muskmelon chia popsicle which are loaded with minerals and vitamins?
We have a summer recipe, that is so easy peasy that you can enjoy your homemade popsicles made out of all fresh fruit – Muskmelon chia popsicles.
Have watermelon leftover? Trying to figure out what to do with them so they don’t go to waste? You’re all set to make the sweetest, most delectable summer recipe – Muskmelon Chia Popsicles! With the weather being so warm outside I went with popsicles and what an epic decision! They’re so incredibly sweet with nothing else added to make them that way.
Melons have a high water content for refreshment, and are relatively low in sugar, despite their sweet taste once frozen. These homemade, healthy, and guilt-free summer recipe is devoid of artificial sweeteners and colorings. The addition of Chia seeds enhances its nutritive value of the muskmelon chia popsicles.
1. 1 muskmelon
2. 1 tbsp Slurrp Farm Chia Seeds
3. Popsicle mould
4. Ice-cream sticks
5. High-speed blender
1. Peel and cut the muskmelon, take out the remaining flesh, and keep it aside.
2. Transfer to a blender and blend thoroughly.
3. If you wish to add a sweetener, feel free to add one of your choices while blending. We recommend honey or Slurrp Farm Organic Jaggery Powder.
4. Transfer the blended muskmelon into a pouring jug, add 1 tablespoon of Slurrp Farm Chia seeds, and give a good mix. Let it stand for 5 minutes
5. After 5 minutes, pour the melon and chia mixture into popsicle moulds
6. Insert ice-cream sticks and keep them in the freezer for at least 4-5 hours
7. After the popsicles are set, de-mold, and serve immediately. Enjoy
Cool, refreshing, and the perfect treat on those hot summer days when you want a healthy and sweet treat! Try out this recipe of Muskmelon chia popsicle with all the summer fruits out there and tag @SlurrpFarm.