BY SIMRAN OBEROI MULTANI
Nothing can beat homemade savories and snacks. Murukku means twisted in the Tamil language. Millet Muruku made using supergrains is a healthy snack for kids. One can also try other variations such as rice flour murukku, roasted gram murukku, urad dal murukku, etc., coconut milk murukku is a traditional savory also popular by the phrase Thengai Paal Murukku.
For now, I’m am a basic, and standard recipe – a legacy of the sorts that is being prepared in south Indian households.
Why don’t you try a healthier version? Millet murukku!
I have tried to give a very special twist to the recipe by preparing it with Slurrp Farm Spinach Dosa Mix. The kids love ragi dosas, but a crispy option such as ragi murukku comes handy even as a finger snack. And if you thought millet murukku might not taste like a real store-bought one, then you are in for a surprise. The ingredients used in the pack include spinach, foxtail millet, and 4 dals (lentils) – urad, chana, moong, and toor plus a dash of mild spices.
Isn’t that time-saving?
This healthy snack for kids comes out nice crunchy, and perfect to munch during tea time.
1. 1 cup of Slurrp Farm Spinach Millet Dosa Mix
2. 1 tbsp of white sesame seeds
3. 1 tsp of Himalayan pink salt
4. 1 tbsp of grated fresh coconut or desiccated coconut
5. 2 tsp of homemade ghee
6. Water to bring the dough together
1. Put the dosa mix in a bowl.
2. Put white sesame seeds.
3. Add the coconut.
4. Add the salt.
5. Add the ghee and mix with a fork to incorporate all ingredients uniformly.
6. Add the water slowly to make the dough. The dough should be firm and not sticky.
7. Use a murukku press or a piping bag, put in the dough in parts, and make the shape on the baking tray.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 170 degrees celsius until it crisps up. Cool and store in an airtight container.
Watch the full video of how to make millet murukku, effortlessly:
Crispy finger millet murukku is ready to munch on. Share with us your fun shapes with the millet murukku and tag us on our Instagram @SlurrpFarm