Looking for a way to make a great snack that uses the power of supergrains, such as organic millet? We’ve got you caramel banana upside-down cake – a dessert that can also be relished as an in-between meals snack. This upside-down is sure to win the hearts of little and loved ones!
This classic wrong-way-up cake is a really good way to get your kids excited about food and the best part is it’s healthy and oh, so good! Take it to any party or occasion and watch as the compliments come rolling in.
So, try out this recipe and see if this upside-down cake is an easy snack (made using organic millet-based pancake mix) to make at home?
Organic Millet Caramel Banana Cake
3 ripe banana
2 cups of Slurrp Farm Banana Choco chip Pancake mix
⅓ cup of olive oil
1 cup of brown sugar (you could also use jaggery, instead)
1 tbsp++ of cinnamon powder
⅓ cup butter
Banana slices (any flat shape)
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Walnuts, Raisins, Almonds (crushed, optional), or Slurrp Farm Nut Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
2. Take a pot and in low-medium heat, melt the butter and mix in the brown sugar till it dissolves then increase the heat to medium-high until the sugar melts.
3. Line the banana slices in the baking pan and pour the caramel on top. Make sure the banana is submerged in the caramel, then set aside.
4. Now mash the ripe bananas in a bowl then add oil, cinnamon, eggs, and mix well.
5. Add the Slurrp Farm Banana Choco-chip Pancake mix to the wet ingredients.
6. Spread the batter on top of the baking pan and bake for 40 minutes, when done let it sit and cool down.
7. After 10 minutes, put a plate upside down on the baking pan then flip the cake on the plate.
8. Cut a slice then serve with vanilla ice-cream! (Optional).
9. You could also add a hint of crushed dry fruits in step 4/5 or Slurrp Farm Nut Powder.