BY AYESHA NALLASETH
Bake anytime, anywhere. Mug cakes are great when your kid is craving a fast solo sweet. And mums can make it healthy too. Vanilla cake served (and made) in a mug is a perfect example of one of my easiest and, more importantly (by far) one of the most delicious recipes that will unleash your baking talents.
There are quite a few microwavable mug cake flavors and ideas for inspiration. But, I thought to stick to baking a simple vanilla flavor.
Mug cakes are cakes that you can make in a mug. That’s an obvious one. A cake in a cup, right? But that’s not entirely true. They can be made super quickly with just a few ingredients easily available in your kitchen. What’s more? Mug cake is a single-serving elevated cake because the baking procedure involves making through steam in the microwave — instead of drying out in the oven.
A perfect treat without having to make a full batch, or a delicious sneaky snack in the middle of the night or a quick evening snack, now that’s what we want.
I love the vanilla mug cake recipe. Make it using egg or go eggless (use yogurt, instead). Either way, it’s delicious, and kids can get involved too. Plus – it tastes delicious with a scoop of ice cream and or a dollop of frosting on top.
The entire recipe is ready in less than 5 minutes. If you think it’s too good to be true then I challenge you to give it a try!
Making a mug cake with or without eggs:
I’m showing you an eggless cake recipe. However, if you want you can use one egg yolk which will make it more moist and tender. But if you prefer to make this eggless, you can substitute the egg yolk for 1 extra tablespoon of milk.
Let me also give you a quick tip. The cake will rise quite a bit as it bakes, so make sure your mug isn’t too small. Just be careful not to over-bake, otherwise, it can turn a bit dry.
1. 5 tbsps of Slurrp Farm Vanilla Premix 2. 1 tbsp of yogurt 3. 2 tbsps of butter 4. 3 tbsp of milk 1. Place all the ingredients in a microwavable mug. 2. Mix all the ingredients well, ensuring there are no lumps. 3. Microwave the mixture at 800 Watts for 2 minutes 4. Garnish with your favorite toppings.
1. 5 tbsps of Slurrp Farm Vanilla Premix
2. 1 tbsp of yogurt
3. 2 tbsps of butter
4. 3 tbsp of milk
1. Place all the ingredients in a microwavable mug.
2. Mix all the ingredients well, ensuring there are no lumps.
3. Microwave the mixture at 800 Watts for 2 minutes
4. Garnish with your favorite toppings.